HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Redhead Arrows vs. Beman
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2006, 06:05 PM
Illini_Sportsman
Fork Horn

Default Redhead Arrows vs. Beman

I currently shoot Redhead Carbon Supreme arrows. Cheapies, yes I know, but I bought a new bow last year and the old arrows did not fit as I also adjusted my setup, so I was in a hurry to buy new arrows as it was mid-season (probably a mistake, I'm sure). I have not killed a deer with them yet as I didn't harvest an animal with a bow last year and I used aluminum the year before that. However, during two years worth of target practice, I have not yet found fault in them. I was thumbing through North American Whitetail Magazine and saw a certificate for a mail-in rebate on any of the mainstream Beman hunting arrows. It doesn't say this applies only to arrows purchased from a dealership, so I thought maybe I could find them at a great price online and then also tack on this rebate. What would be the benefits of using the Bemans over these Redheads, or is there really going to be any at all? I'm sure they'd be a bit tougher, but would my accuracy or penetration increase at all? Also, these currently weigh in at 9.5 gpi according to Bass Pro. The Bemans are all less, some more than others. I thought going a bit heavier, especially in carbon, would be beneficial to penetration. Is that incorrect? If moving into a better arrow would truly help me out enough to warrant the money, which model should I go for, keeping in mind that all I'll be using them for is whitetails? Thanksto anyone who can offer some advice!