HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - WHA Question
Thread: WHA Question
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2006, 08:24 PM
Rob/PA Bowyer
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: WHA Question

Or gosh I never thought about it but maybe it could be all about everything leading up to the shot thatwounds the deer but doesnt kill it?
That is exactly what the WHA is doing, wounding the livestock and not killing it, but oh, it's okay cause they have a vet handy.... how many hunts have you been on where you take a vet along to make sure the animal is okay...bunny huggers would love that one at least.

To me its all hunting because to get close to an animal in order to do all of the above you have to "hunt" the animal.
How far does the WHA have to "hunt" for these livestock that are in a pen and can't leave....I bet that's a hard "hunt".

Here are a few quotes in his article:

"The Fish & Wildlife survey also asked about the image of the hunter. The response provides insight into the vulnerability of hunting. Sixty-two percent of those surveyed believed that "a lot" of hunters broke hunting laws or practiced unsafe behavior, such as drinking to excess and firing guns recklessly. These polls show that the non-hunting majority don't have much of a problem with HUNTING, but they do have a problem with HUNTERS....if hunting is going to survive this negative image has to be changed."

"The people that must be reached are those who may not have ever fired a gun, sat in a duck blind, or thrilled at taking your first buck. Non-hunters need to understand the drama, excitement and motivations of the ethical hunter, but prime time shows with hunting as a major or minor theme are about as a common as white deer."

You really need to read the entire article to understand my point. Or maybe you just wont ever get it.
I'll never get that, he purposely paints hunters in a bad light which undermines hunting and hunters so why would any hunter want to stand behind him. Seems more like your quoting from an PETA bible rather than a real hunter. I'd find it hard to believe that an organization such as the WHA would result into attacking hunter to get their agenda acrossed, hhhmmm sounds familiar doesn't it...I'll give you a hint.....P....E....T....A...

Unfortunately, you cant go kill deer on primetime so why not dart them and get their attention and also educate them about traditional hunting.
Because that is not traditional hunting.

Darting isnt legal outside of a fence and the public cant get the drugs to do it anyway...This can be an opportunity to get primetime coverage. Hell its alreadymaking its wayafter the Daily Show does their little run thru of this controversy.
And hopefully the show will denounce the WHA and show that hunters across the nation are against it. That alone will paint hunters in a better light. We kill animals but we still care about the animals and that is why you'll see a hunter put his life in danger to save an animal otherwise dying insufferably.

But I know I wasted the internet space by responding to you, it's clear you either belong to the WHA, want to belong to the WHA and you'll do anything to promote your agenda, again, not unlike PETA.