HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - WHA Question
Thread: WHA Question
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2006, 08:09 PM
Rob/PA Bowyer
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: WHA Question

ORIGINAL: Windwalker7

Here's my point. For the last few years I've been thinking of quiting hunting. I've taken too many deer, to the point that I actually feel quite guilty for taking its life.

I like being in the woods and experiencing the sights, sounds and smells. I love everthing about hunting leading up to the shot. But when I walk up to that dead deer, I wish I never shot it.

I don't expect you guys to understand.

I can see that you guys are worried in the future of hunting and I guess that maybe this WHA might not be a good thing. You make some valid points.
Windwalker, you'd be surprise how many guys feel exactly the same way, I know I do and that's what seperates us from murderers and killers. Having empathy for the game you take is being human and the fact that I feel saddness at the same time excitement when I walk up to an animal keeps me humble and thanking God for all of it.

The thing about the WHA is that I not for anything that jepordizes that and nothing good can come from the WHA. Too many sportsmen and women across the nation stepping up against says, we all feel that way, majority speaking. Anyone truly standing up for it is looking for a handout, part of it or wanting hunting to go away and I truly believe that.