HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - WHA Question
Thread: WHA Question
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2006, 07:53 PM
Windwalker7
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: WHA Question

No plant. Just don't see it that way. Every year there are fewer and fewer hunters. We hunters are not accepted on TV or in the media.

With all the issues of gun control and animal rights, I do feel that hunting is on a downhill slide and someday will be abolished.

People from the big cities don't accept hunting like people from the country. With all the urban sprawl, we lose hunting ground everyday.

I guess I feel that something like this will at least get people to look at hunting and maybe understand more than they did before. JMO

I look at what the BASS tournaments did for fishing. I think it got more people involved in fishing than there were before.

I will admit that I do see some of your points. Yes, it may make the public more against hunting. I can see things going that way too.

Here's my point. For the last few years I've been thinking of quiting hunting. I've taken too many deer, to the point that I actually feel quite guilty for taking its life.

When I was younger, I hunted all the time and killed lots of game. I hunted 2 states with gun and bow and averaged 6-7 deer a year for 17 years. I guess the killing part of it got me. I use to like the killing part but now I have much regret.

I like being in the woods and experiencing the sights, sounds and smells. I love everthing about hunting leading up to the shot. But when I walk up to that dead deer, I wish I never shot it.

I just looked at this WHA as something that interested me.

I don't expect you guys to understand.

I can see that you guys are worried in the future of hunting and I guess that maybe this WHA might not be a good thing. You make some valid points.