HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Calling New England...
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2006, 11:23 AM
kevin1
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Calling New England...

ORIGINAL: Mike Hill

The single parent home has really taken a toll on our sport.
The Playstation 2 and IPod have taken far more kids from hunting than the single parent home ever has , kids today have far more distactions than we ever did and most of the don't involve freezing while up a tree .

Three of my 6 grandkids are already interested in hunting , and I plan to keep them that way . I take them out into the woods that surround my home and challenge their little minds with games like "Spot the deer tracks" , or "Who made this track ?" , and they love it . They scout for blackberries and know where the persimmon and white oak trees are just by looking at their bark . Last year each got a turn sitting in my ground blind with me , and even though they didn't get to see any deer they were still facinated with the woods around them . Each has their own 20# recurve , and they're not bad with them for as little practice as they get . Their Daddy won't even let them hunt until they're at least 8 , and they can't wait to go . You have to start them out young or they'll never get the bug .