HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Professional Hunting "Tour" !?!?!?!
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2006, 10:05 AM
HuntinGUS
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Professional Hunting "Tour" !?!?!?!

I have stayed away from this topic/thread because everything that I thought had already been said by someone else. I have given this more though and while watching my favorite hunting shows this weekend on the outdoor chanel, I can count on on hand (and I am strecthing it) the number of shows that don't come across as nothing more than a commercial (sp?) or as Politically correct as possible.

I can remember not more than 2 years ago, the shows would show a slow motion impact shot. When is the last time you see that? When is the last time you watched a "hunt" where the "hunter" didn't thank 5-6 products/companies for being the "key" to his success? Are the comercials not enough?

To me this is simply a natural progression driven by the almighty dollar. In order to be accepted by the mainstream, the edge of hunting has to be removed. It has to be EXCITING.....FIST PUMPING action........or it will not sell. What better way to sell hunting to non hunters than to combine thousands of dollars in prizes with no killing?????

True Hunters won't buy it, but others will. That is what the minds behind this BS already know.The ball has been rolling toward something like this for a long time now IMO. $$$ will be the end to hunting a you and I knew it as kids.