HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Mystery to remain a mystery a little while longer.
Old 07-09-2006, 05:12 PM
Pglasgow
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Mystery to remain a mystery a little while longer.

ORIGINAL: cayugad

Goes Express would also be stored in the safe as it meets the requirements of the explosive regulations. You'd have to ask for it if they carry it.

I never could understand why they demand Goex be locked in a safe every night or kept there even during business hours by many, but Pyrodex and the others can sit right out there on a shelf. Face it, they all could blow up.
Certainly could. But these additional restrictions (or regulations) are the reason so many retailers have chosen not to offer BP. At Sportsman's Warehouse, they made BP out as an awful choice for safety, citing its ignition temperature.

After leaving Sportsman's Warehouse, my wife who tends to worry about everything said, "Well by the time the temperature in the house gets to 350 degrees, won't we be dead orthe house be burning downanyway?" I just smiled and nodded .

It seems that Sportsman's Warehouse does not consider the juice of keeping black powder worthits squeeze, and granted,I bought a bottle of Pyro P ($13) from them, but bought over $140 worth of Powder and accessaries from the Mountain Man shop. And will be going back to them for more. Its nice to have a place I can buy a pound or two without Hazmat fees, I intend to support their business when I can.

I just got my new case of Goex which I make a mixture ofGoex 2f, 3f, Swiss 2f, 3f and this time I got some KIK 3f just to experiment with it. Of course I had to get my usualy pound of Pinnacle 3f. My other powders should be here next week. So then all the testing can really get into full swing.
I have often wondered how blending different granulations of black powderwould work. I am looking forward tothe reports of your testing.

Happy Hunting, Phil