HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Mystery to remain a mystery a little while longer.
Old 07-09-2006, 01:23 PM
Pglasgow
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Mystery to remain a mystery a little while longer.

ORIGINAL: Triple Se7en

Phil

You are using all the best noodles inside your brain. Had you typed 'Goex "Express" FFF, then I would of changed that to 'ultimum noodles"...lol
LOL. Triple Se7en,now I won't be able to "stand still" until I get back there and see if they have the Express. I did not see it on the shelf, but then, neither was the 3f, hehad to goto a safe to get it out.

Wipe off the lube from both of them bullets& measure their diameters with a micrometer. Then.... instead of using their original lubes to recover the bullet, try something generic like bore butter. Now fire both bullets with the same lube. That may tell you why the target holes are showingdifferently.
The two loads were printing roughly the same at 50 yards. What was odd is that the 410s were roughly 50fps faster with 70 grains RS than the 385 GPs with 75 grains pyro P. The GP's pattern was darn near a cloverleaf at 50 yards while the mean radius of the BB410's was a little over twice that (5/8").

The GP's are very tight in the Sidekick. I don'tremember them ever loading so hard in the hawken. I used a lubricated wad under the BB410 but not the GP's.

Happy Hunting, Phil