HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Self guided turkey hunt
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2006, 02:54 AM
Adrian J Hare
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Self guided turkey hunt

Now this is an interesting post. Why you ask ?

Well for one , Arrowmaster you just posted a thread about how to do a Grandslam the cheep way and you are stating that you are going back to MO to hunt with Don at the cost of $750.00.

I have a question for you now ? Why would you spend unneeded money on hunting Easterns that you can hunt at home and you want to try for a different Subspecie for a grandslam ? Would you not think that the money you are spending on that hunt would be better put towards hunting a different sub that you can not hunt all the time ?

Doe Killer

There is a number of different places that you can self hunt for Rio's and I take it thats what you are after in Kansas or Nebraska. I traveled that part of the country back years ago and hit a number of different management DNR's and got info to hunt this places. I did not see a lot of hunting action at the time I was around them parts and the bird numbers where large. I've killed birds in both States that you are targeting but also both States are large and I could have been in different areas then you intend to hunt. Chadron NE , has a number of public access points that one can put a Rio into the back of the truck with out spending a great amount on the hunt. You maybe best to contact the DNR and ask for info on management lands that are close to the areas you have in mind...BT