HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - First time out and I'm HOOKED!
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2006, 04:40 PM
Howler
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: First time out and I'm HOOKED!

Congrats on the quick success!! Many guys go several times without ever seeing a coyote called in.
Without knowing where you're located and how many coyotes there are in your area, I'll go out on a limb and say you could go back to the same spot tomorrow and possibly call in another coyote. Surely there's more than one living in the area. You could try to sit in a slightly different spot and use a different distress sound, and who knows, you may have more action. That same coyote can be called in again someday, but like I said, there's surely more than one living in the area!
I agree with the others, don't put your caller quite so far away from where you're sitting. No reason to set yourself up for any longer shots than you have to. Remember, lots of guys blow mouth calls and kill coyotes on a regualr basis. The biggest thing is to not get caught moving anything, including your head, hands, gun, etc, and of course, play thye wind! If a coyote shows up and you need to adjust one way or the other, don't panic, let the coyote make the move and look away, or move away, and then you make your move to adjust, take a deep breath, and POW!!! Dead coyotes!!!
Good luck!! I know several guys that went many times before seeing a coyote coming to the call!! It is addictive!!