HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - I would like to build an archery backstop.Any suggestions?
Old 06-29-2006, 11:01 AM
ilovehunting

Default I would like to build an archery backstop.Any suggestions?

Hey I am interested in building an archery backstop for my target. The reason why is that I cant practice in my yard untill I do. This presents a problem because I can then only practice at my archery shop. Which is a half an hour away. This really limits my ability because I cant really see how good I would get if I could practice several times a week. So now on to the point. Have any of you made a backstop? If so what was it made out of and what was its design?Does a couple tarps wrapped together work? Also I have an old mattress(this is a stupididea but itcame to mind)would this work if wrapped in a tarp?This backstop needs to be pretty big because I live in the city. I already have a target I just feel uncomfortable shooting it without a backstop.Not to mention that it is illegal. I decided a couple weeks ago not to shoot in my yard untill I have a backstop. So now you know my problem and I hope you have some info that will help me out. Thanks.