HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Bullshop 500gr BPE Cutdowns?
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2006, 08:41 PM
philnie
Fork Horn

Default RE: Bullshop 500gr BPE Cutdowns?

Yes I know guys, I actually read this forum pretty thoroughly! New news is the NE conical order arrived today - as did the Nosler 50/45 sabots so I'm in good shape to start shooting both conicals and sabots.I've finally gotten my hunting buddy scheduled to coincide with my free time so we're shooting this weekend - regardless of what he chooses to shoot, I'm planning to shoot the Hornady 300gr XTPs with the Nosler sabots - 70gr of T7 3Fg and work up until the accuracy peaks. My buddy will just need to find his own ML way as I'm starting to learn what I need to using this forum - thanks again for all the great help! If I have time I'll try some 460gr NEs as well.

As a matter of fact, we're both going to the WAC show in Monroe this Sat- I recall there are usually at least several ML related booths at the their bi-weekly shows. I never found the RWS 1075 caps locally - we'll have to see what's at the show.

More questions of course- Whattypical "max" velocities do lead projectiles start to deform to the point of affecting accuracy? And how does this information relate to volume charges- 120gr, 130gr, 140gr or more? How does that data compare to flatter trajectories with increasing powder loads? Are we talking about an inch flatter with 10gr increment? Then of course there's the BC of the projecile itself - for instance taking the BC from .2 to .3 or .4 does what to the trajectory out to 150yds? I know, lots of questions ... as always, point me to the reading material and I'll dig in.

cascadedad
I have the weekend following July 4th off and then two weekends after the July 22/23 weekend ... are you and your son going to be shooting on those dates perhaps?

cheers,
phil