HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - sight vs rest vs knocks
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2006, 06:18 AM
HuntingEd
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: sight vs rest vs knocks

If you dont have your arrow at a 90 to the string you'll be shooting poor groups... especially if you shoot fixed blade broadheads. Your arrow will "straighten" itself out using the fletching, the only problem is it will "dolphin" through the air until it stabilizes... which wont happen until the arrow slows down enough (usually at a long range). Changing your sights to match the arrrow is not the right way to do it. I had a similar problem w/ my WB last year... I had to move my nocking point down, which is what you need to do.... If you dont want to i suggest getting a new rest... I switched from the WB to a QAD ultrarest... It wasa great improvement, my groups are better, and its easier to tune. You get the same total containment as the WB plus a drop away feature. I had to adjust my nocking pt when i switched rests... Used a bow square to get it at a 90, then paper tuned... It was only after my bow was properly tuned that i adjusted my sights.

Also, your proshop might have some type of spacer it could put on the riser that would allow you to increase the vertical adjustment of the WB.