HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - A question we have all been asked...
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2006, 02:48 AM
Doug S

Default A question we have all been asked...

How many guns do you have???

At one time or another, I'll wager we have all been asked this question; How do you answere it..?

For me it never seems tocome from guys I shoot/hunt with, but I do get it in social settings and usually from people who are not reallyshooters. They generally seem to be interested is just the number of guns and it seems like they will make some sort of judgement about me based on the number I provide..almost like if I said I had 3 or four I'd be an OK guy and if I said I had 50 I'd be considered a nut...

It happened today at the office, 2 or 3 of us were talking about going shooting and one of the guys, Pete, asked me how many handguns I owned. Now, I consider him a friend but there were other people around and I just told him that was a question I didn't want to answere. He pressed the question a little asking things like, "less that 30, less than 20 & etc", he was genuinely interested but he didn't seem to get thatI didn't feel comfortable in that setting to answere...So, I made a wise crack and asked him how his wife was in bed, he's a good guy and I think realized I was just trying to make a point that even amongst friends there are some things we don't like or needto talk about...

Does this kind of gunquestion make any of you uncomfortable.., if so then why?

Doug