HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - sight vs rest vs knocks
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2006, 03:37 PM
tschaef
Nontypical Buck

Default sight vs rest vs knocks

I just brought home my 1st Wisker Biscuit (Deluxe Qs), I love the idea of not worrying about the arrow falling out of the rest anymore.

My bow is a ProLine Sniper, its a small bow that I bought because it felt good, and allows for my freakishly short draw length (I'm 5'10" and only draw 26").

Heres my problem, I installed theWB and quickly noticed that it was too low, and the arrow pointed down, (not perpendicular to the string). I maxed out the vertical adjustment and it wasn't enough, so I started adjusting my sights. I can probably use the remaining adjustment on my sights to get back on target, but I'm worried that I'll be losing speed/energy shooting this way.

Am I right, should the arrow be perpindicular to the string when sitting in the rest and the bow not drawn (single cam bow)?
Would splitting the distance between axels tell me where the knocks should be on the string?
If I were to max out my sights and get back on target, then have a friend take a picture of me at full draw, would that help you guys help me?

I'd really appreciate any help I can get, I'm sure I can get back on paper, but I'd like to use all my bows potential.