HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Fred Bear Element
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2006, 02:45 PM
wayomic

Default RE: Fred Bear Element

Have one. Quiet bow, shoots fast, accurate enough to kill deer, so not bad at all.

my only problem has been the high poundage it is set at and my draw length make it hard to get a good arrow for my setup, but that'e me not the bow.

And since when is $299 cheap? It is only when compared to $700+ bows.
Just about ALL of the bows on the market are overpriced.
It's like the difference between a Remington 870@ $250 and a Benelli Super Sport @ $1600. I've been on hunts w/ guys carrying Benellis, Berrettas, etc and they were no better a weapon than my 870. Fancier, more gadgets, but mine killed as well, and hit as accurately. Same with so-called "cheap" bows.
They only thing you get with the higher price is "todays" latest gadgets, which are old in a year and why there are so many people who buy a new bow every year or so, and sometimes it brings a more consistent product. Like a rifle manufactorer who gauranties 1 minute of angle, or better, out of the box. Only because they tested and "threw out" the ones that didn't perform above average.

Or as onebow-tech/competitor I know said, "Higher Prices don't kill deer, accuracey does"
(also coming from someone with knowledge on the difference in Retail price and what a store gets them for AND how much thingscost to manufacture)

Sorry, but I get in a rant about "cheap" stuff. Mainly because I have almost always had to make due with the very same, and have actually never had a problem with them.