HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Never Happy
Thread: Never Happy
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2006, 10:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Never Happy

ORIGINAL: BowHuntingFool

ORIGINAL: HAZCON7

My first few years of serious bowhunting I spent some serious cash trying new things. But the last couple of years I've really become a minimalist. I've found what works for me, what gives me the most confidence, and I stick with it. I have the utmost confidence in my shooting, in my ethics, in my knowledge of my hunting areas, and in my setups. Instead of obsessing over gear now, I obsess over scent control, and leave the rest up to the deer.
Did I write this??? I was the same way, my first few years I bought all the newest things and gadgets, never again! I think less is more! My next thing will be a recurve, hopefully in the next few weeks! Happy Hunting!
Thats just it guys, I'm not a newbie as I've been bowhunting since 69' and I'm also a bowhunterinstructor for the state of montana. I'm not no stranger totraditional as I own a black widow and a kodiak hunter and I'min the process of building a yew bow with blue prints that I purchased from Bighman archery. My issue isn't nessasarily broadheads as I shoot 125 thunderheads as I know they work for me, but I'm not going to go there but my issue is always trying different things. Its not impulsive buying as I put a lot of time and homework in trying to achieve something esle. I am not into target shooting in competion ( maybe 3D from time to time) but my changesare for bowhunting only.
Maybe its kinda like life,... how do you know when you've reached your goal?

Bobby