HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Benelli or Rem. 11-87
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2006, 10:14 AM
cascadedad

Default RE: Benelli or Rem. 11-87

I've had them both. The Benelli is absolutely a dream to clean. That is the best thing about the gun IMO. I had an older SBE. I did not like the fact that it jammed so frequently. It is the shotgun of preference in my area and most people love them. To me, it cost too much for the performance or lack there of. I have been around others that jam also. Prior to the Benelli I had an 11-87. In was a great gun, but a piece broke in the receiver and I had it fixed by my local gunsmith. I sold it because I wanted a Benelli. That was quite a few years ago and over that time, the part that broke off in the 11-87 was the only such instance my gunsmith said he has seen.

Having said that, I have had a Browning Gold 3 1/2" Stalker for the last several years and I wouldn't trade it for any other. My brother also has the exact gun except with MOSG camo. I bought my son a 3" Gold Stalker for this last Christmas/B'day. These guns have performed flawless. I bought my son's brand new Gold off Gunbroker for $680. $50 for shipping/handling/ffl and at the time a $100 rebate for a final price of $630. That is an awesome gun for the money. I know you have to wade through a ton of overpriced stuff on GB, but if you are patient and lucky you can make a good deal.