HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Need tech help
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2006, 08:38 AM
txjourneyman
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Need tech help

Well, I took my peep off entirely a little over a week ago. I took my kisser button off. I still have a nock at the string loop and I'll take that off today. It is redundant, if I have the loop I don't need the nock. The only things on the string are cat whiskers, factory speed nocks, string loop, and 2 nocks, on as a kisser and one at the loop. I will probably take both of these off today. I don't think I need either of them. The one I use as a kisser I can hardly even feel and I have a very consistant anchor so it can go. Removing my peep and getting a new sight started all this. I'm shooting well without the peep so now I just want to play around with some other things trying to make improvements.
I may get rid of the cat whiskers and go with STS. I'm not sure. My bow is pretty quiet now and I'm not sure I want to mess around with that.
Whatever changes I do make, I will stop fiddling around by the end of the month. That way I will have 3 months of shooting the set-up before the season starts.
I don't really need a chrono, the shop I go to has one and I like going there. It is also pretty close to home.