HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Professional Hunting "Tour" !?!?!?!
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2006, 08:14 AM
Matt / PA
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Professional Hunting "Tour" !?!?!?!

My only question is if they are all held behind high fences, then why use a "non fatal" method? The animals in those ranches are much like cattle in that they are bred to be killed. So, what is the point of, like so many have already noted, fueling organizations like PETA, etc? I think it is going to take me some time just to soak all of this in. Right now I am at a complete loss for words.
Simple......because they are worth much more alive than dead. The "rancher" can make money multiple times from the non-lethal hunting alternative as well as the genetic stud fees etc from exceptional animals.
Big deer is big business. Kill a penned deer and it's a one time fee with no future earning potential.

This whole idea just sickens me it really does. I want to get off on a 1000 word novel on it but keep resisting the urge.
It also really disturbs me that the supporters of this are basing their "case" on some limited mainstream media support ignoring the fact that basically ALL of the real bowhunters (upwards of 90% or more on the support poll) passionately against this idea.

Do you pay attention to a limited sample of mainstream mediawho stands to make some cash off of this?........or the true bowhunters in the country who are screaming NO? Hmmmmmm.

It's a very limited number of individuals looking to line their pockets at the possible expense of the majority under the disguise of it "benefiting" the hunting cause. It's not hunting and when I see it called hunting or possibly when the media considers it hunting I think I'll hurl.[:'(]

I don't want to be painted under this brushtroke by anybody.