HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What do you like / dislike most about your pro shop?
Old 06-06-2006, 12:22 PM
Justin
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What do you like / dislike most about your pro shop?

I pretty much agree with everything that's been said, but it can't hurt to reiterate some of the better points.

The #1 reason I go to my local pro shop is service. The guys are friendly, they treat me great, give me the best deals they can, and take the time to shoot the breeze, talk about products they've seen, and are willing to listen and give pointers as they see fit. There's no egos and no bs. While they might be "Hoyt guys" they have no problem with selling a Mathews, Bowtech, or other brand of bow. They don't push anything down your throat because they use it and they think its the best. They make suggestions, but if you don't follow them they dont' judge you for it.

On the other hand, there is another local shop where I felt like if I wasn't using exactly what the owner told me to use (and just so happen to stock), I was an idiot. Not to mention if I wasn't one of the clique that hung out there on a daily basis I felt like I had to wait an hour until they were done with their personal conversation before I got any service. I went there 3 times and had similar experiences each time and now I don't go back. The other shop has won not only my business, but my referrals and my respect.