HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What do you like / dislike most about your pro shop?
Old 06-05-2006, 10:38 PM
Rob/PA Bowyer
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: What do you like / dislike most about your pro shop?

I'm my own proshop. However I'll think in terms of those I either shot through or just bought my bows from.

First and foremost is a owner/techs that you can talk to one on one and they are interested in what you have to say not simply what they can sell you. Yes they are there to make money and stay open but customer service goes so much farther. It's about what the shop can do for the customer. "How can I assist you today?".

Tidyness of the shop, a well kept shop is important to me. Flexibility, this last particular shop opened for me on Sunday on two occassions because I simply wanted to shoot the bows. They figured on my sale but they didn't know, a gamble paid off. They didn't even charge me for shooting thier indoor, gave me free reigns on the bows, chrono etc...trusted me but they knew they could, they've known me through severals shops and wouldn't minded just handing me the keys. I know you can't do that with everyone.

Indoor ranges are a plus.

Dislikes, can't think of too many if at all in my last experience. Being around shops its attitude and honesty. One local shop is loosing customers because of his personality. It's a nice shop but he's unlikable and moody as hell. Also he's somewhat dishonest. He collected money for a big buck contest, kept the money and didn't award the prizes. Word gets out and a black mark will cost you. One other shop, dispite his posted hours, he simply was never there. Too many other interests and had his "wife" or kids watch the shop...you can't do that, you need someone you can trust with some knowledge behind the counter.