HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Wolves might be introduced into Rocky Mountain National Park Colorado!
Old 06-05-2006, 03:04 PM
TerryM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Wolves might be introduced into Rocky Mountain National Park Colorado!

We also always have had Timber wolves and also an ever increasing population of coyotes here in Ontario since god rested on the seventh day. We see coyotes regularly but wolves are just not the kind of animal most hunters will ever lay eyes on. Even if they allow you to shoot them the only way to put a dent in the wolf population is through trapping. In 30 years of moose hunting in wolf country I have only seen 5 of them and only 1 during hunting season which was in fact stalking me ( I was calling moose on opening morning ). His hide now adorns my den wall. I guess my point is wolves are near totally nocturnal and if those animal rights nutcases win and have those killing machines re introduced among your elk herds they will eventually kill as many as hunters and the DNR will have to slash your tags in half to maintain the herd. Allow that lame tree hugging plan to fly and you will be forever sorry.