HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - wildlife Eye By MAD
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2006, 08:38 AM
PABuck_HNTR
Host of Hosts

Default RE: wildlife Eye By MAD

Personally I think it total BS for the manufacturer to keep secret the information you need to buy a compatible camera. I went to the Kolpin website and downloaded the instruction manual to read up on the unit. What I found was that in the beginning of the instructions they said on page 13 you could find a list of compatible cameras. Well page 13 is not in the pdf file. Nowhere on the manufactures website is a list of cameras. I asked at 2 different local stores if they carried camcorders with a LANC connection, neither store could answer my question. They didn't have any idea of what I was talking about.

After a 2 1/2 hour search the only model I could come up with that is for sure compatible with the Wildlife Eye is the Sony DCR-HC21. If I'm going to invest in something this pricey I want good customer service and good information. I find neither with this product. I'm not trying to bash the product. I like the idea of it, but I don't want to be frustrated right from the get go. I'm gonna buy something else.