HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Does it REALLY Make A Difference?
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2006, 03:37 PM
mobow

Default RE: Does it REALLY Make A Difference?

Yes, it makes a difference. The reasons are many. If a company is that "loose" on the straightness factor, how loose are they on the rest? As you may or may not know, carbon arrows are all made to one size and then sanded down to certain specs, w/ the exception of the new Maxima, they are made to spec.

I am usually a middle of the road kinda guy. I don't buy the most expensive because I believe it's better, but in the case of arrows, it's just the truth. More expensive = better arrows, and that's just the way it is. I guess it depends on how good you want to be, but I would bet you will notice a difference in your groups w/ more expensive arrows. Like has been mentioned, the tighter the straightness, the tighter the spine (which is by far the most important) and the tighter the weight.

I understand compeletly not wanting to spend big money on arrows, but I'm being straight with you here......Get the best ones you can afford. I'm not saying you need to spend $250/dozen, but do yourself a favor and break loose with $15 or $20 more and get some good ones. You'll be glad you did.