HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Elk Hunting???
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2006, 08:59 AM
chiefks

Default RE: Elk Hunting???

I really did not answer your questions in my last post. Soooo here goes. I wouldn't take any more than 2 disabled hunters out with you. And that depends greatly on what their disablity is. Some might be able to do quite a bit around camp and do some walking. But some things they wouldn't be able to do, and they would have to be careful of notover doing it. Given that high of altutuide, I would try to get that person used to it before going to spike camp. That would just make thier hunt more enjoyable if they were used to the altuide.

The persons attuitude is going to make or break thier and possibly your hunt as far having fun goes. Some one else on here said to get to know the person first. I totally agree with that. You might want to just try getting to know some disabled hunters and see if you can learn what you can and can not handle. It might be something that you will learn with experience to. I wouldn't take some one that would not at least try to help out around camp. I don't care how disabled a person is, there ARE ways they he or she can help out around camp. They are not totally helpless and should not be treated as so.

I think its awsome that your thinking about taking a disabled person.

Mark