HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Lake Sangchris
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2006, 09:11 PM
Rick S.
Spike

Default RE: Lake Sangchris

Had some time this afternoonand Iheaded over to Sangchris again. Wind was strong from the south, so went to the west ramp as I could wade some coves there and get out of the wind. Waded a couple of spots and found nothing save for a young bass guarding his home turfand then headed into the second cove south of the ramp. It'sa big coveand the wind was hitting the shore as I worked my way down the northside. As I waded along, up to my knees, I thought about last summer when I walked the same sand, only then it was beach. And this time there wasn't a fish to be seen. About 100 yards along, I get to the bottom of the cove. It is protected from the wind here; the water is smooth and more clear, but still no fish. Soon tho, I notice a small smoke screen and follow it as it turns into a trail. The bow becomes a little more ready and the senses come back to alert. A few yards further on the trail and she appears out from a tree's shadow. I watch her as I close the distance a bit more and then she is off with my arrow. She swims a big circle on the end of my line, but I get her in and to the shore. An honest 26 inch common carp and my best fish from this lake. I continue my way along the lee side of the cove until I'm back in the wind again and then cut across a field tocheck another small cove. It is void of fish, too. Iknow dinner will be ready soon, so I take the easy way back to the truck across the field. So often on theseshort trips, I want to stay longer; just one more fish, but not today. It wasn't the outing I had earlier dreamed of, with lots of fish and shooting, but it left me very satisified. A good hunt, a successful stalk and shotand a nice fish that I worked for. Yeah, it feels good, and I leave happy.