HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Ripcord, QAD, or Trophy Taker rest?
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2006, 06:02 PM
maggietribute

Default RE: Ripcord, QAD, or Trophy Taker rest?

I did quite a bit of research on all three (3) Ripcord, QAD and Troply Taker and decided on the QAD ultra rest. I called the manufacturer and talked to the engineer's about their product and if they had any issues with their product. They did say at one time they had some fletch clearance issues and resolved that by adding a higher launcher to the installation packet. The main reason I decided upon the QAD was because of the ability to lock the launcher in the "up" position. After about 30 shots through my Bowtech Tribute in 105 degree heat (AZ), the launcher failed to lock in the up position. I was able to continue to shoot the rest but not able to lock it in the up position. I called QAD and they are sending out another. They did say they had a batch go out that had an excess amout of grease in the inner chamber that causes the "dog gear" not to catch. I will wait for the new rest and give an update if the new rest resolves my issue. The whole idea for purchasing the rest was for the ability to lock in the up position and not drop down as the Ripcord does on a let down.
I have no issues at all with clearance and do like how the rest performs. Hoping for the best when the new one arrives.