HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Sportsmans Warehouse
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2006, 12:27 PM
spuddog
Fork Horn

Default RE: Sportsmans Warehouse

ORIGINAL: James B

Cabelas has their place as well IMO. We have several that we stop at from time to time. They have cheap stuff and spendy stuff. If you keep track of prices, some of their stuff is cheaper than at other places. The best thing about Cabelas is that if I really need an item, they are the most apt to have it IN STOCK. Its both good and bad, but we have SW, Gander Mountain, Scheels All Sports and Cabelas all in our shopping area. We don't have Bass Pro however.
I agree with James. I have a Wal-Mart, Sportsman's Warehouse, Gander Mtn and Bass Pro, with in 15 min of my house. Their building a Cabela's about 30 min away and I've been to the HQ in NE.

All in all I love Cabela's because they send me catalogs for bathroom literature. Honestly I've found that SW and Cabela's have almost identical products. I have some Cabel's name brand stuff (boots, camping gear, etc) and I find them to have very good quality. Most stuff I need I find and Wally World and the rest I find at SW. I go to Cabela's when there is something specific that they have. I agree with James about the pricing. I found some tanning chemicals at Cabela's for $15 and SW wanted 21. Needless to say I ordered it from Cabelas.