HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Input please....best bow for my buck
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2002, 08:23 PM
oregonhunter
Fork Horn

Default RE: Input please....best bow for my buck

The buckmaster and Pirahna both sound great as well. I am coming to the conclusion that there are a crapload of great bows out there that can fufill my needs. 30"....that is amazing. Who would have thought 10 years ago that you could find a bow that is more forgiving, shoots around 300 f.p.s., and waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay shorter. Unreal. Back then I was shooting a wooden limbed Pearson. I killed a lot of deer with that bow, and it still may be the straightest shooting bow I've owned. The only major differences were noise and the fact that I was lobbing arrows in there at 30 yards!!! I wonder how many f.p.s. that ol' boy would register at....probably so slow I wouldn't want to know. But those bucks sure didn't seem to know!

Anyway, thanks again to all for your input. I am in the process of selling my rifle so I can have some funds to make my purchase. Hopefully I can seriously start looking in a matter of weeks.

Chad---Oregon

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

--Albert Einstein