HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Input please....best bow for my buck
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2002, 09:56 AM
oregonhunter
Fork Horn

Default RE: Input please....best bow for my buck

Thanks fellas and Lady Forge, you have all given me plenty of research to do.

Thanks Kirk. I have only lived here two years, and have mainly gone to The Bow Rack, which is a very nice place, but high prices and mainly fellas who are more concerned about the name on their bow then how they shoot it.....err, as you can probably guess, mostly Mathews in that shop.

Bent Arrow. I just sold my Magna Tec a few months ago. It was a pretty good bow, a two cam Intruder with all the top of the line bells and whistles, but was a pretty heavy bow. I sold it to a buddy in the hopes of finding a lighter bow with a shorter axle to axle length. I bought it back in the midwest (obvoiusly stand hunting) prior to coming out here, and after hunting western oregon (very thick), the less to hang up on thorn bushes, the better! ;-)

I guess the thing that irks me off about some bow hunters out there is how they become so concerned with the name brand so they can impress their friends, when in actuality, they may have shot an 'off' brand much better.

Thanks again everyone!

Chad

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

--Albert Einstein