HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - How do you rig your worms
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2006, 02:48 AM
Chuck7
Dominant Buck

Default RE: How do you rig your worms

So your actually setting the hook once its swallowed ? I've been a spinner & rooster tail guy up until this year. First time using plastics. Caught the hell out of smallies on Moday with 5" power tubes. Heard good things about senkos, so figured I'd give em a try. Pd $6 for the bag.

My friend I've been using Texas Rig and the Carolina rig since 1983 when I moved to Florida. I've caught a ton of bass. BUT I've lost as much as I caught. I do not have the hang of setting the hook. Therefore I'm hoping the jig experiment works for me. I could have been winning this tournment easy as I've had some serious hawgs on but lost over 60 percent of my fish flipping. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. One day I may net 90 percent..the next day 10 percent...using and doing the same exact thing. I'm sick of it and hope the jig works. At least it appears the jig will truly be in the fishes mouth.

Here are the 2 rigs
http://www.bassfishingusa.com/Rigging/rigging1.html

I was like you about only using spinners until I moved to Florida. You will get bigger bass and alot of bites and fish. I can catch them when I cast but when I try jigging { Flipping} the worm around brush piles..I don't do so good. The deal is ..flipping them in heavy structure is usually where
the big gals are. Josh says I needa heavier longer rod..I almost bought one. If I miss fish jigging.. then I will buy one.
C7