HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Wisconsin Trout w/ Pics
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2006, 08:31 PM
UPHunter89

Default Wisconsin Trout w/ Pics

Well, I finally got out for the 2006 trout season in Wisconsin. Been a long awaited event. We left Friday around noon and checked into our hotel at 5:30 PM. After reporting to Wal-Mart for lisences and trout stamps, we headed out to a few creeks with little luck.

In a bit of a drizzle partly cloudy skies, we managed a few browns here and there...

The next morning (Sat), we spread out down this big creek and agreed that he would work he way back towards the bridge and pick me up as I worked my way down past the bridge. Well, after I brought in 2 nice browns a lost one, I was walking down the creek and spotted a monster swimming around in the 4 foot deep portion of the creek. So, I take few steps back not to spook him and let my line go into the depth about 6 or 7 feet down the creek. As I meaneuver the line in the general direction of the fish, the line takes a quick right turn and the big one is hooked! After about a 5 minute fight (which left like forever), I managed to bring in a 17 inch brook trout! Just beautiful! After taking a few snapshots, he was released to live another day. It officially measured at 17 inches on the dot (a trophy) and by judgement, about 4 1/2 pounds. A fat girl!

Boy was I shaking like a leaf when taking this photo!

For the rest of the day, we caught another 8 or so browns combined. Not many bites but a very eventful day. After we checked back into the hotel for the night, I found out I got a 26 on my ACT.

Anyways, if I had been on my game, I probably would have caught way more fish but I was just not landing them. I'd hook them, but I just couldn't bring them in.

Then, this morning, we stopped under a good looking bridge and found tons of browns and brooks waiting in the shallows. So, we get under the bridge and start nailing them. From 5 inches to 13 inches, we caught plenty. It was a great end to a great trip.

Some of the creeks we fished...

Hope you enjoy. I sure did!