HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - tru oil
Thread: tru oil
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2006, 08:05 PM
mauser06
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: tru oil

ahhhh RA.....how hard will it be to get the tru oil off/out of the stock?? will it strip off or is it soaked in there and will be a major sanding job?? i knew i shoulda waited! the bottles dont say anything about it though!! ahhhhhh crap....maybe ill try the wax....if it dont help then i can redo it....im pretty impressed with my stock work....i should took pics before and after 3yrs ago....woodworking is a love of mine....cant wait till i am out of college and can build me a mini self woodshop....ill try the wax....doesnt sound like it will help though.....so im looking at refinishing....i want a pretty dark satin look...but not a heavy plasticy looking clear top coat...the wood is black walnut im almost sure..though i could be wrong lol....any suggestions on what to do with it if i have to redo it?? i got all summer...a coat a night and i can have 20 new coats in it in now time lol......i want it to look really good and have a nice color and look to it....but something that will take a little beating from hunting use...