HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Elk Hunting???
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2006, 09:14 AM
feddoc
Fork Horn

Default RE: Elk Hunting???

EKM,

Your question has a lot of answers...depending on the level of disability....and on how determined the hunter is. Both my wife and son are disabled and they work very hard during the hunt; neither of themhave a problem with working hard. Part of that is due to their personalities.....he was born three months early and coded out on the table two times. Doctors wanted to let him die after the second, said he would not be viable; my wife said NO. Husband at the time bugged out; did not want a less than perfect kid. 23 years and 13 major operations later he is doing ok. His biggest issues, wrt hunting, are his vision (he has limited field of view, but acuity is ok) and his ability to hold a rifle steady for other than brief periods is limited. He did manage to bag a 2X3 mulie last year; his first. My wife has a neurolgical condition which limits her strength and stamina and produces almost constant pain.

To answer your question(s), your scenario is reasonable, depending upon the level of disability. Kinda tough to judge that level of determination when you are trying to hook up with a stranger. My advice to you is to get to know the person before making an offer...better for you and better for them too if all know what is expected.

As far as who would survive in your camp....it depends largely on attitude. Support needed?...Given your hunt scenario, I would stick with someone who once in awhile needs dedicated support; certainly no more than one person.

Feel free to post again or PM me if you have specific questions about disabilities.

Good luck to you.