HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - attractants, do you use any?
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2006, 07:17 AM
moxie1884
Fork Horn

Default RE: attractants, do you use any?

Buddy,,,, In that case, I've had mineral licks for the past fifteen years with great results. The only problem is that the two most sucessful products I used, both disappeared off the market, Rack Attack and VMASS. Since then I use a mix of Deer Cane power and loose salt with trace minerals. Two of the biggest I have in my hunting are holes 4 feet square and 18 to 20 inches deep by the end of August.

I basically dug up an area along a trail about 3 feet square and mixed 200 pounds of loose salt with trace minerals and 16 pounds of deer cane with the loose dirt. I refresh each mineral lick every spring as soon as I can get into them. I also use the same amount of loose salt with trace minerals but do not always all 16 pounds of Deer Cane. I some times will refresh a lick with 200 pounds od loose salt in the fall depending on how heavy it has been hit during the spring and summer months, so that it will be ready for the spring before I can get back to refresh it. I wlways hang a camera over it. I also take a pocture of it when I make it and just before and after I refresh it to see the changes and how much it has been used.