HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Pretty funny!!!
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2006, 07:18 AM
Allen Denton
Nontypical Buck

Default Pretty funny!!!

I buddy and I went hunting again on Sat. We have a few spots and we have been switching off between the spots. This morning we went to a spot that our woods backs up to a field that is owned by someone else. We have only about 200 yards of woods before the field starts. The guy has goats and cows and during deer season I have been over there to get dogs and that is all I have ever seen. It was a perfect morning, kinda warm but very nice. We hit an owl call and imediatly had a gobbler answer. We went into the woods and set up. He then gobbled again and I started to cut him off. He seemed very interested and we got ready. The bird got closer and closer and then seemed to hang up. We had alittle room to move so we went closer, he again answered back ever time I called. We got to where we could we could see the field and set up the decoys in the edge of teh woods. We thought the bird was across the field in the woods about 200 yards away, but we were wrong. Out of the middle of the goats came two huge white turkeys, struting and gobbling to beat teh band. I guess after deer season he added to his farm, we were so ready for the bird to appear if someone would have seen us getting ready and getting into shooting position they would have laughed out loud.

I know this is a long post but we were so sure that we had a hot bird coming to us that were acted like kids while we were in the woods. I thought it was funny after the fact