HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - How Long Do You Wait?
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2006, 01:42 PM
Rockby
Fork Horn

Default RE: How Long Do You Wait?

I would wait forever if I could!! LOL No, seriously I went out last week and set-up about 4:30 am, and when the sun came up I didn't hear a single gobble. So I gave a couple series of soft purrs and clucks. Still nothing! After about 30 minutes, a hen showed up in the field and started to feed. I tried to get her fired up, but with no luck. Then just as she was leaving the field on one side, all the sudden a tom steps out of the other. But she was out of his sight, due to a tree line dividing them. Yet he never made a sound! After a few more purrs, he opened up! Then after a minute or two working him, another Tom showed up behind him! So I guess what I am trying to say is that its all up to you but remember they never seem to be around until you get ready to move!!! If your comfortable with your decision to move and maybe if you are hearing them gobble somewhere close to you, then you may be able to get to them before they are with other hens. I would give that area at least a couple hours after sunrise, but that is just me!