HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - One of our Own mentioned in Bill Winke's article
Old 05-04-2006, 02:19 PM
davidmil
Dominant Buck

Default One of our Own mentioned in Bill Winke's article

Yup, just got my July issue of Peterson Bowhunting. On page 26 Bill is talking about tuning your bow, arrows etc. If you'll looke at the bottom of the page on the right you'll see the highlighted reference to Len Marsh, a.k.a. Len in Maryland. I ask Len what's that all about. He said that several months ago Bill had an article extoling the superiority and superior strength and straightness of carbon arrows. He and Bill were talking at the recent AMO convention. Len told him and showed him his article wasn't a true representation of the facts and physics involved. Evidently, Mr Winke took it to heart and made reference to it in his most recent article. It's nice to see an "Expert" willing to stand corrected and to go as far as to put it in print. I know Lens expertise, abilities and knowledge because I'm around him all the time. I guess the industry does also as he usually is called on to hold a seminar or two at these things. He's continually testing, ask to give his opinion and recommendations on all sorts of products. I know he recently convinced Apple to make a change to their line of bow presses. He had fabricated a couple add ons, sent them drawings and then they ask for his prototypes so they could do true scale drawings and put it into production. He's forever telling all of them what he thinks. Many of them take it well and put in changes. Len is an engineer by schooling and trade. He's forever tinkering.

Anyway, I'm rambling, BUT.... nice to see one of our own mentioned however briefly, by one of the "Experts" of the industry.