HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - If I Cannot Plant, Then What?
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2006, 09:01 AM
TOPDAWGWOOFWOOF
Fork Horn

Default If I Cannot Plant, Then What?

Guys,

Unfortunately, I have come to the realization that I may be unable to plant my spring/summer food plots at the family farm. I am frustrated to no end. The dry weather down here has prevented me from it and work has been busy, so I am left with limited time and may not be able to get them in.

My question to those of you with deer herd management experience, what have you done in the past for the betterment of the herd when you cannot plant? I always, always plant and this may be the first year I have not done so. Beyond frustrating. Angered. Ill tempered. tim Tebow.

Any ideas or advice appreciated. It makes me upset to think of my whitetail herd out there in the North FL heat this summer without the proper nutrition they need to help their bodies survive in this wretched heat. They depend on me and I have failed them. I want to do anything possible to help them out during these difficult, hot months of summer.

Again, any thoughts or ideas appreciated. Hope y'all get to spend some time outdoors this weekend with close friends/family.

TDWW