HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - dont ever buy the cabelas cable elite treestand
Old 04-24-2006, 08:27 AM
Germ
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: dont ever buy the cabelas cable elite treestand

I wouldn't blame it on cabela's alone. They simply sell products made by other people. Even if their name is on it, it is still made by a major manufacturer. It sucks, and I am glad you were not hurt, but crap happens man. Especially with this sort of stuff. It's not really the safest hobby in the world you know. If you took a normal sane person and showed them that contraption and told them to climb a tree with it they would look at you like you were retarded.

I had one for two years and sold it. Never had a problem with it, and as far as I know neither has the guy I sold it to.

Get with cabela's and let them know what happened for sure. They have excellent customer service and I am sure they would like to know what happened. I think you should have done that before coming here (if you didn't already).

Again, glad your ok. I lost my bottom platform before once because my feet slipped out of it.

Paul
Idisagree, Cabela's put there name on it. They should make sure the quailty is there. I am glad you are ok, spen the extra cash on a summit or lonewolf. Made in America!!