HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Good Start on Food Plot, update (pics)
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2006, 08:01 PM
Rob/PA Bowyer
Boone & Crockett

Default Good Start on Food Plot, update (pics)

Hey yall, if you read my first post where I started discing the food plot you'll know I went back in today after yesterdays heavy rain. I figured it would be wet and that the ground would be much softer. I also added the box I built to hold weight to add to the disc to see if it makes a difference. I used some plastic "burlap" bags with about 50-70 lbs of dirt in them.

Wet is an understatement when I got there. The water table is high in the area and I got a chance to do a little muddin with the ATV...lol seen here after I was done.

I don't know if it was the wet/softer dirt or the added weight to the disc or both but I did a fantastic job. I even got myself stuck a little after discing enough to mud it up. I figured now that I have it broken up real nice, when it dries out I'll be able to go in and smooth it down and turn it up some more.

Here's a couple pics looking back into the plot and then some looking from my the base of my treestand out into the field. If you look at the first post you can see what it used to look like at this link here: http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1512800

And here's the pics.

From the tree looking out.