HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - It is Here!!!! The White Ultra Mag
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2006, 09:15 PM
sabotloader
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: It is Here!!!!

cayugad

What do you think of the balance of that rifle? Kind of impressive don't you think?
In the words of the kids - AWESOME

Doc's e-mail:

M97's usually shoot sabots, especially my Power star 50/40-435 or 50/40-320 beautifully well, and they load with ease. DOC. [/align][/align]He is not kidding, everything does load really easy... I tried everything I have on hand, this certainly largest 50 cal bore I have.[/align][/align]I started with the thinnest sabot I have which is one of the new MMP 3 petals - that went down like loading a PowerBelt so that is to loose... Then a HPH 24 might be ok on a fowled barrel but a little loose on a clean barrel, but I am positive it would shoot ok. Then a Nosler 50/45 which I know is an MMP and I am pretty sureit is a HPH-12 - loaded just right... Then a MMP HPH-12 really nice... Then a MMP Orange .458 with a .458 Hornady - Sweet! amd the final test I really wanted to work an MMP Blue 50/40 with a 200 grain XTP - Great... I am happy![/align][/align]Did I mention how uniform the bore was and how smooth it was - holy cow it is great...[/align][/align]I probably will not throw a lot of those big lead hunkers from it but I am really hoping it shoots my loads as well as everything I have does- check that better than everything else that I have...[/align][/align]I can not tell you how happy I am with this gun right now... I promised my wife I would sell the A&H to replace the funds for this gun - but i bought here a battery operated weed eater tonight that she has been wanting for along time (on sale for $34.99) so I am doing ok right now - so Instead of the A&H I am going to sale the CVA Firebolt will not get as much money but i think it will pass a gun sold... and Terry got a weed eater... good deal for me.[/align][/align]PS - i just sold another Whiteto my Vice Principal - he is making the phone calls tomorrow..[/align][/align]PS#2 - got to order a cap hammer to replace the 209 hammer.[/align][/align][/align][/align]