HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - NAME YOUR FAV. HUNTING VIDEOS
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2006, 06:52 PM
Proff
Typical Buck

Default RE: NAME YOUR FAV. HUNTING VIDEOS

Talondale, you are right. After I posted I thought about it and hoped that I didn't come across the right way. I have thought alot of times that I would love to have Gene or Barry Wensel, Will Primos, Greg Miller or some of the other guys come to my woods and see how they set up and how close our hunting tactics and set ups are. That would be really cool. And beleive me, I really in now way meant to dismiss some of these guys as not being good hunters, because I know that most of them are. They still have to make the shot etc. But, there are so many shows and videos these days that some have some people on there who really shoudn't be. I don't know if you have the Outdoor Channel or not, but man, it amazes me some of the stuff I see some of these "pros" do and say. I just honestly beleive that some of them really don't have the know how to be doing what they are doing, but they are able to have some success because of the incredible situations that they are able to be in. Do you know what I mean? I hope I get across what I am trying to say. But please beleive me, I am in now way lumping all these guys in that category. I know that alot of them are very knowledgable bowhunters, have paid their dues and deserve to be where they are today. But , as in everything, there are those who are not. I remember a few years ago there was a show on there where the hosts were a guy and his wife. I foundout later a little bit about it, and the womens dad was a very wealthy guy who basically bought his daughter and son in law into a hunting show. Anyhow, you wouldn't beleive how little they really know about deer hunting. I remember one show in particular. The next day at work about 4 or 5 guys came up to me during the day and commented about how stupid the hunt and something that the women said on the show was. I watched it that night because it said that they would be hunting Ohio, my home stste. To make a long story short, she was all pumped up because it would be her first hunt with a crossbow and her first in Ohio. They showed the guy from the hunting preserve pick her up at the airport. Then they showed her eating a fancy lunch at the main lodge. Then they drove her out to her stand. Now when I say drove her to the stand, I mean it. They drove up to one of those scissors lift box stands. She stepped out of the truck on one foot and into the box blind with the other foot. Didn't even have to walk one step!! They raised the blind up and she was " Hunting"! They showed her napping, then the guide woke her up because it was about prime time. Within a few minutes the deer started pouring in to the field in front of them and right to the electric feeder beside them. She shot a buck. When they recovered it, she looked at the camera and said she was really excited, cause they "worked really hard for the buck!!" That is the stuff that drives me crazy. That is what I was meaning, people like that. So hopefully you know what I was talking about in my post. There are alot of them I respect and admire. But there are alot that I know don't have half the talent and know how that alot of us regular guys do.