HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - NAME YOUR FAV. HUNTING VIDEOS
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2006, 02:19 PM
Proff
Typical Buck

Default RE: NAME YOUR FAV. HUNTING VIDEOS

Talondale, at the end of your post you told of a great idea that you would like to see, and it is one that a few of my buddies and some guys at work have talked about before. That is to have some of these "so called" Pros come to us average everyday hunters areas and have a weekend or a few days or so to have a succesful hunt in our hunting woods. Somewhere that a guide doesn't have pictures or video of different bucks that the hunter chooses the one that he wants to kill. Where they don't already have the stand hung right in the bucks core area and where they are feeding it etc. etc. Have them come in and hunt the way we do and have to read the sign and set up all their own stands etc. I bet that they wouldn't be any better than any other of us hard core guys who really put in the time and effort. I am not speaking out of jelousy or in a mean spirited way. Hey, those guys found a way to do what alot of us dream about. But it is just that so many are held up on pedastals and revered because of their extraordinary talent at killing big bucks all the time. But most of these guys are just afforded the ideal situation hunt after hunt, and I really believe not any more talented than any of some of us on here who work hard at hunting. Now I am NOT saying all of them. I know that guys like Myles Keller and some of the guys that we see on the Outdoor Channel do hunt public land and private land that are do it yourself hunts, and are very successful, and I applaud these guys. But way too many of them just go from game ranch to game ranch to private land that oufitters lease and everyone does all the scouting, stand placement etc. All these guys have to do is get taken out to the stand, climb in spend the next week to 10 days waiting for that buck to come in and drill it, or they sit on some ranch with 30 or 40 bucks walking by that day until they shoot the one they want. Then they edit down all the video, and WALA!!! they are abowhunting expert and celebrity.That doesn't take a whole lot of talent. I just honestly beleive that there many, many of us regular guys right here on this forum that are just as good if not better than these guys. More importantly, some of these guys I watch, I honestly beleive that if they were put in the same situations that we are, would not be as good nor as succesful as they are perceived to be. That is just my ( and alot of others) honest opinion. I really think that would be a great concept for a show. I really think that would really weed out some of the hunting celebs we see on TV and video.