HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - My 2005 Shotgun Buck
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2006, 06:12 PM
Buck_Slayer
Typical Buck

Default My 2005 Shotgun Buck

Here are a couple pictures of one of the deer I shot during the 2005 shotgun season here in Minnesota. I was sitting on the edge of a small river where I usually sit every other year. I was seeing a lot of small bucks and does running around but was holding out for the big one. Then about 30 minutes into the driver I look to my right to see a huge doe crossing the river at about 50 yards. I thought to myself, there has to be something following her. So I got ready, and sure enough this guy pops out. I steady myself and squeeze the trigger. He jumped into the river and expired right as he was getting out of the water. It was a clean lung shot. Then as I am walking over to make sure he is dead another nice buck pops out, my adrenaline is pumping so bad now I shoot once and totally miss, the buck just stands there looking at the other deer so I steady myself once again, and this time it's a heart shot from about 25 yards on a nice 7 pointer with 1 tine broken off. I don't have any pictures of the smaller buck right now, but hopefully will have them posted by the end of the night. I decided to save some money and just do a nice plaque mount myself, although I kind of regret not getting a shoulder mount since you almost never see deer like this in our area anymore. He was by far the biggest bodied deer that I have ever seen and is pretty nice as far as racks go too. Let me know what you think.