HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Windwalker's proposals to the Pennsylvania Game Commission
Old 04-18-2006, 10:11 AM
jhoffman

Default RE: Windwalker's proposals to the Pennsylvania Game Commission

I think that a lot of the suggestions were good one if even in Rough draft form - with a little tweaking I am sure that if implemented and enforced properly some of these suggetions could definately help.

I like spotlighting but if doing away with it would stop poachers I would be for it. the only problem I see here is that poachers don't abide by the rules now I am not sure they would care if spotlighting was legal or not if they thought they could get away with it.

having your guns cased while in transport doesn't really strike a cord with me as much as some that have posted - I do agree that any form of new regulations on guns could be done without but i case my guns while transporting them anyways so I guess it doesn't bother me.

I wouldbe all for having clubs like the boy scouts or FFA and the like participate in the program - It would get the kids involved in the out doors and it would also help repopulate some areas that the population has droped due to predation or land developement.

The phesant solution could also be handeled through groups like the FFA, Boyscouts, and 4H. Have the PGC offer grants to these groups to raise and release phesants in certain designated areas. No man hours would be used by the PGC to take care of the raising and releasing of the animals except for someone to oversea the release process which would be a minimal commitment.

I don't know about the leagalization of asult rifles for coyotes - I think that your standard deer rifle or Varmint rig should work just fine. I bounty program that went towards your hunting license for the following year would go a long way to get people involved in coyote hunting.

One thing people do have to realize about how coyotes populate though is that there is a alpha male and alpha female in an area. The alpha female should be the only breeding female for an area if the population is healthy - if the alpha female is killed all the females of breeding age will start breeding that year. instead of having one litter of pups you may have 6 litters - here is the only problem that I see with PA's year long coyote season as is.