HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Windwalker's proposals to the Pennsylvania Game Commission
Old 04-17-2006, 07:59 PM
MKMGOBL
Typical Buck

Default RE: Windwalker's proposals to the Pennsylvania Game Commission

When you hunt WV, do you feel like you really lost your freedoms? They don't allow spotting and you must case your weapons to transport them. I'm sure you don't really feel that your rights have been taken away, that much.

You right, I don't feel my freedom has been taken away. Once I'm in camp I'm there for the week as far as the hunting goes. I never had to worry about riding around with my rifle un cased because I always keep it in a case. Even in all the other staes I hunt that don't have this law, it's always in a case.

Weren't you more upset of losing your right to shoot a spike or four point, when the imposed AR?

Not one bit! Hunting back home for me is more about getting with myFatherand spending quality time with him and family members. I also hunt MD, WV, VT and here in NH which leaves me will plenty of hunting opportunities.

If taking away spotting won't stop poaching, why did they make it illegal to spot during firearms season? You use to be able to spot year round.

I don't work forthe PGC so I don't really know the reason for that. Maybe seeing the deer were being hunted during the day, they felt allowing spotting during that time would be adding too much pressure? Kinda of give them a break frombeing shot at allday and pushed around. I don't know but unless you were on the board that passed that law or went to all the hearing on it? You don't really know either. Right?

Why did they stop it during rifle season then?

Thinkthis one is a repeat from the question above. If it's not? still refer to the above response

I'm not trying rip your idea man. You posted it on here to get opinions and feedback. I forget who posted it but they're right! If the opinions aren't what you want to hear, you get upset about it.
[/align][/align]All I'm trying to say is that spot lighting does work in PA and even in other states.Take a look at the anti- hunters! One hunting accident and they all over the news campaigning to ban hunting and how dangerous it is.We allknow accidents happen and it doesn't meanhunters are all out there being reckless. Same thing here, just because you're having a hell of time in your area by a few bad people, do wepunish all the law bidding hunters? The answer isn'tnew laws!Enforcethe ones they already haveand do what I wrote above!Here it is again[/align]
Why not makeareal nicereward for turning in a poacher? I'd turn one in for nothing but maybe that second cousin or co-worker will only do it fora big chunk of money! Where does that money come from? How about the higher finesthe poacher has to pay? or money from selling their truck they (PGC)confiscate after getting caught? If they catch them in their home with a freezer full of poached deer or fish? confiscate the house and sell it! How about makinga laws that takes EVERYTHING a poacher has that was related to the crime and with hunting/fishing? Make laws that makes their lives hell! Not mine and everylaw biddingperson in PA.
[/align]
Good luck with your proposals and I hope something can be done about all the poaching going on in your area. I guess I'm a veryvery lucky I don't have to deal with that issue myself in the areas I live and hunt.

[/align]