HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - NEED HELP ON A STRATEGY
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2006, 11:45 AM
buckmarlin
Spike

Default NEED HELP ON A STRATEGY

Hey Fellow Hunters,

I am nearing the end of the season in SC, 2 weeks to go. I got a boss gobbler that seems to have my number....I have been close but no cigar several times this season, just to have him shut down a leave. I've even witnessed him beat the heck out of a jake that was coming to my call....but the fight took place behind me and i couldn't move to get a shot....I've harvetsed a couple of nice birds on this lease, the best being a 21lb, 1" spurs, 101/2" beard, 28" fan from side to side. But the guy I want is the Boss, he's bigger.

I know where he roosts and I know where he lands....it's consistent....but just seems like I'm just not setting up right or not doing something right.

I'd apprciate any info on a strategy you can give me. I'm hunting a swamp that is sorrounded by hardwoods big and small. most of the woods is thick. part of my problem I've had him strutting out in front of me 35-50 yards. i could see parts of him through the thick stuff...but have waited to try to get him closer and clearer shot........

help me out please....any suggestions welcome.....i have a field that borders the hardwoods..but it's about 100+ yards from his roost. talk to me boss gobblers.....please!!!! thanks.