HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Windwalker's proposals to the Pennsylvania Game Commission
Old 04-17-2006, 07:07 AM
MKMGOBL
Typical Buck

Default RE: Windwalker's proposals to the Pennsylvania Game Commission

I grew up in PA and have hunted in WV for the last10 years and don't see the issues with spot lighting or poachinglike you do. IfI sawthe CO riding around my hometown and there was a ton of poaching still going on! I'd be the phone or writting a letter complainingabout them doing their job or should I say lack of. Pa has already has it illegal to spot light with a weapon! How wouldmaking spot lighting illegal or mandatory gun cases in vehicles,going to stop a poacher that already doesn't care about the laws that exist?POACHERS WILL POACHdespite the laws that you think will make it harder for them![/align]
Why not makeareal nicereward for turning in a poacher? I'd turn one in for nothing but maybe that second cousin or co-worker will only do it fora big chunk of money! Where does that money come from? How about the higher finesthe poacher has to pay? or money from selling their truck they (PGC)confiscate after getting caught? If they catch them in their home with a freezer full of poached deer or fish? confiscate the house and sell it! How about makinga laws that takes EVERYTHING a poacher has that was related to the crime and with hunting/fishing? Make laws that makes their lives hell! Not mine and everylaw biddingperson in PA.

I enjoy riding around with my Dad spot lighting and don't see how eliminating itwill help.I'd like to believe that our presence riding around spot lighting might deters a poacher from thinking he'll can get away with it. Without spot lighting there will be a lot less people out making the idiot poachersbrass ballsevenbigger.

Living in NH 6 years now and they allow spotlightingfromJanto Sept. Ihave yetheard it being a problem here with people getting blasted with spot lightsor with ANY poaching.

[/align]